Serve these Southwest-inspired hotcakes topped with your favorite salsa.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. chipotle chile powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin, or to taste
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp. diced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
Whisk together eggs, pumpkin, oil, chipotle powder and cumin in bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Heat skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto griddle, flattening each with back of spatula. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until bottoms begin to brown. Lightly coat tops of cakes with nonstick cooking spray, and flip. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until browned. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 105 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g