Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Makes 1 8-inch pieWho says pumpkin pie has to be sweet? This version goes together in no time and makes a great autumn supper served with whole-grain bread and a tossed salad.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Sprinkle cheese over bottom of piecrust.
2. Whisk together milk, eggs, thyme, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Blend in pumpkin. Pour mixture over cheese in crust.
3. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F, and bake 45 to 50 minutes more, or until pie filling has set and tip of knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Calories 206
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 146 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 321 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g