Blended raw carrots give this zippy dressing texture and color. Make extra, and keep it in the fridge for dipping raw vegetables.
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. chunky mixed-grain or white miso paste
- 1 Tbs. roasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp. grape seed or canola oil
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 4 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage (1/2 cabbage)
- 1 medium radicchio head, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion (1/2 small onion)
- 2 Tbs. hemp seeds, optional
1. To make Dressing: blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2. To make Salad: Toss together cabbage, radicchio, avocado, and onion in large bowl. Pour in Dressing, and toss gently until all salad ingredients are coated with Dressing. Sprinkle hemp seeds on top, if using, and serve.
- Calories: 199
- Carbohydrate Content: 17 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 242 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g