A fine-strand seaweed, sea palm adds taste and crunch to salads. If you can’t find sea palm, try this salad with dulse or cooked, sliced wakame, which are equally delectable sea vegetables.
- 2 Tbs. white miso
- 1 1-oz. pkg. sea palm fronds, rinsed well and drained
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
1. Soak sea palm fronds in large bowl of cold water 30 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to saucepan, and cover with water. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 20 minutes. Drain, and rinse under cold water.
2. Whisk together miso, vinegar, and soy sauce in large bowl. Add cucumber, radishes, red onion, and sea palm fronds, and toss to coat.
- Calories: 28
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 264 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g