Bliss Raw Café owner Dee Pissaro is committed to expanding the raw food experience to those in the Dallas–Fort Worth area. In this recipe, soaked sunflower seeds flavored with dulse flakes offer an easy introduction to raw cuisine. At Bliss, the salad is served with raw onion bread, nut mayonnaise, and fresh veggies, but you can put it on a bed of greens and accompany it with baked bread or crackers. Recipe courtesy of Bliss Raw Café.
- 1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbs. dulse flakes
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Place sunflower seeds in bowl, and cover with cold water. Soak 4 hours.
2. Drain sunflower seeds, and pulse with oil and salt in food processor until chunky paste forms. Transfer to bowl. Stir remaining ingredients into mixture.
- Calories: 270
- Carbohydrate Content: 12 g
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 324 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g