For a serious comfort food fix, serve the contents of this savory packet over a bed of mashed potatoes.
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 1 small head broccoli, broken into small florets (4 cups)
- 4 carrots, sliced on bias (2 cups)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced on bias (2 cups)
- 1 8-oz. pkg. seitan, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut 4 15-inch lengths of parchment paper, and fold each in half. Set aside.
2. Whisk together orange juice, oil, garlic, and pepper in large bowl. Add broccoli, carrots, parsnips, seitan, and cranberries, and toss to coat with juice mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Open folded parchment sheets like a book, and arrange about 2 cups vegetables to one side of crease on each sheet. Fold parchment over food so edges meet, then crimp and seal edges with small overlapping diagonal folds. To do this, fold 15-inch length of parchment paper in half, then open like a book, and place food to one side of crease. Fold empty side over food so ends meet. Crimp and seal matched edges with small overlapping diagonal folds.
4. Transfer packets to large baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Calories: 279
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 324 mg
- Sugar Content: 19 g