Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
1. To make Cutlets: Press tofu between 2 cutting boards; tip boards over sink edge 30 minutes. Halve tofu crosswise into 2 slabs, then slice slabs into 2 cutlets.
2. To make Reduction: Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallot, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Whisk in juice, broth, and tamari. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
3. Spread sesame seeds on plate. Dredge Cutlets in sesame seeds.
4. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; add Cutlets. Cook 10 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Serve each cutlet with 3 orange slices (if using) and 3 Tbs. Reduction.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 292 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g