Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
A combination of ginger, sesame, and tamari add Asian flavors to a simple broccoli soup.
1. Set aside 2 cups smallest, prettiest broccoli florets.
2. Bring 8 cups water, fresh ginger, and salt to a boil in large pot. Add remaining 8 cups broccoli florets; cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until broccoli is bright green and tender.
3. Transfer broccoli from water to blender with slotted spoon; discard ginger. Carefully add cooking water, tamari, oil, pickled ginger, and pickling liquid to blender. Purée until smooth.
4. Return soup to pot, and turn heat to medium-low. Add reserved 2 cups broccoli florets, and simmer soup 5 to 7 minutes, or until florets are crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with pickled ginger and sesame seeds.
- Calories 73
- Carbohydrate Content 8 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 663 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g