Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
These sesame green beans are a lovely, snappy side dish that can be served hot or cold with equal success. The preparation is super simple and quick – the whole process takes less than 10 minutes – but the presentation looks artful and impressive (If you want it to! No judgement if you skip our method and just toss the green beans and sesame seeds in the tahini dressing in a salad bowl!) Our classic tahini dressing is creamy, but naturally dairy-free.
Sesame Green Beans with Vegan Tahini Dressing
1. Cook green beans in large pot of boiling salted water 4 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, whisk together tahini, lemon juice, and garlic in small bowl.
3. Drain green beans, and reserve 2 Tbs. cooking water. Stir cooking water into tahini mixture. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Line green beans up on platter, pour tahini sauce down center, and sprinkle with gomasio.
- Calories 83
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 77 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g