This easy dish is equally good hot or cold, and leftovers make a great take-along lunch.
- 3 Tbs. reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 Tbs. roasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. sherry or mirin (rice wine)
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes or 1/2 tsp. chile sauce
- 10 oz. long noodles, such as udon or spaghetti
- 1/2 lb. napa cabbage, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Whisk together peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, sugar and red pepper flakes in saucepan.
Cook noodles according to package directions.
Meanwhile, place cabbage in colander over sink. Warm sauce over medium-low heat.
Drain noodles over cabbage in colander to wilt cabbage. Transfer noodles and cabbage to serving bowl, add sauce, and toss until combined.
Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve.
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 59 g
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 553 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g