30 minutes or lessThis deliciously different and quick-to-prepare dish features soba noodles, also called Japanese buckwheat noodles. Meal Plan: Serve with steamed broccoli and fortune cookies for dessert.
- 13.75-oz. pkg. soba noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin (sweet cooking rice wine)
- 1 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/3 cup pickled ginger, finely chopped
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 12-oz. pkg. lite silken tofu, cut into cubes
Cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain well, place in large bowl and let cool.
In small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, tahini, 1 tablespoon water, sesame oil, sugar and chopped ginger. Stir in scallions.
Add sauce and cilantro to noodles and toss to coat. Divide among 4 to 6 bowls. Garnish with diced cucumber and tofu cubes and serve hot.
- Calories: 152
- Carbohydrate Content: 23 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 441 mg