Shells with Ricotta, Basil and Lemon
30 minutes or fewer Toasted breadcrumbs give this dish an authentic touch.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
30 minutes or fewer
Toasted breadcrumbs give this dish an authentic touch.
- 1 lb. medium-size dried pasta shells or rigatoni
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese (15 oz.)
- 3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 16 fresh basil leaves, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
3. Combine ricotta, lemon juice and zest in warm serving bowl. Fold in basil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Toss pasta with ricotta mixture until well coated. Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary. Sprinkle with toasted breadcrumbs, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate Content 65 g
- Cholesterol Content 27 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 437 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g