Despite its rustic name, this salad makes a sophisticated addition to any meal.
- 4 large tomatoes, cubed
- 3 mild green chilies, seeded and minced, or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 10 sprigs fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 5 small radishes, optional, for garnish
- 8 to10 black olives, optional, for garnish
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tbs. white vinegar
1. To make the Salad: Mix together the tomatoes, chilies, scallions, cucumber and parsley in a large bowl.
2. To make the Dressing: Beat together the olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar in a second bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Dress the salad. Peel the radishes, if using, in strips, and garnish the salad with radishes and black olives, if desired.
- Calories: 130
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 10 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g