- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. minced shallots (1 large)
- 3 cups shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh savory, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded (3 oz.)
- 1 Tbs. chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350F.
In large nonstick, ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, savory, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper; stir often, until mushrooms release juices, 5 to 6 minutes.
In bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. Stir in cheese and remaining salt and pepper.
Pour eggs over mushrooms in skillet, tilting pan to spread evenly. Cook without disturbing until about 1/4 inch around outer edge is set. With a spatula, lift some egg mixture from sides of pan, tipping pan to allow uncooked egg flow to pan bottom.
Place skillet in oven and bake 18 minutes.
Invert frittata onto large serving plate. Sprinkle with parsley. Cut into wedges; serve warm.
- Calories: 211
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 370 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 413 mg