If you can't find fresh basil for this recipe, substitute 3/4 cup prepared pesto.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
1. Set oven rack in lowest position, and preheat oven to 350F. Coat 6 6-oz. ramekins with cooking spray, and place on small baking sheet. Spoon 1 1/2 Tbs. tomato sauce into each ramekin. Bake 10 minutes, or until sauce is hot.
2. Combine ricotta, basil, Parmesan and pepper in colander to drain excess liquid. Divide cheese mixture into 6 2-inch round disks.
3. Remove ramekins from oven, and place one ricotta disk in each. Crack 1 egg into each ramekin. Bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until whites are just set and yolks thicken but are still creamy.
4. Heat remaining tomato sauce in microwave. Spoon 1 Tbs. over each egg. Season with pepper, and garnish with basil sprigs.
- Calories: 137
- Carbohydrate Content: 5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 223 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 348 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g