If your beets don’t come with greens, substitute arugula or watercress.
- 2 lb. peeled raw beets, leaves trimmed and reserved
- 4 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. pumpkin seed or walnut oil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 sheets toasted nori
- 2 avocados, diced (11/2 cups)
- 12 radishes, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 8 green onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1. Finely grate or shred beets with food processor, hand grater, or mandoline. Transfer to bowl, and stir in vinegar and oils. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, wash, dry, and coarsely chop beet leaves. Divide among six bowls.
3. Cut each nori sheet into 8 strips with scissors. Stack strips, and cut into thin confetti with scissors.
4. Divide beets among bowls. Top each serving with avocados, radishes, green onions, pumpkin seeds, and nori confetti.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 155 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g