- 12-oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts with liquid
- 1/4 cup oil-packed, sun-dried tomatoes, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 to 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar to taste
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
- 6 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese,preferably fresh, diced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. pasta shells or rotini (pasta twists)
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
Bring large pot of water to a boil. When water boils add 1 teaspoon salt and pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, steam green beans and squash separately until each is just tender. Rinse under cold running water and drain well.
Drain pasta, rinse under cold running water and drain well. Transfer to large serving bowl. Add green beans, squash, artichokes with liquid, tomatoes, vinegar, oregano, cheese, salt and pepper. Toss to mix and coat. Serve at room temperature.
- Calories: 251
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 455 mg