Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Pine nuts and golden raisins lend a sweet, nutty touch to pan-sautéed Swiss chard served over protein-rich quinoa.
1. Bring broth to a boil in medium saucepan. Add quinoa, and bring mixture to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, covered, 12 minutes. Remove from heat, uncover, let stand 5 minutes, then fluff with fork.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chard stems, onion, olives, and raisins. Sauté 10 minutes, or until onion and chard stems are soft. Stir in chard leaves and red pepper flakes; sauté 6 minutes, or until greens are tender. Stir in garlic, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Divide quinoa among 4 shallow bowls. Spoon chard mixture over top, and sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 544 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g