Simple Spanakopita Triangles
Combine frozen spinach, feta cheese, and a packet of phyllo and … presto! You have a batch of Greek-style nibbles that taste great served warm or at room temperature.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Combine frozen spinach, feta cheese, and a packet of phyllo and … presto!
You have a batch of Greek-style nibbles that taste great served warm or at room temperature.
- 6 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 2 10-oz. pkg. frozen spinach, squeezed dry and chopped
- 8 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 16 frozen phyllo sheets, thawed
1. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Add spinach, and cook 3 minutes more, or until mostly dry. Transfer to bowl to cool. Stir feta cheese into cooled spinach mixture.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
3. Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface with short side nearest you. Brush phyllo sheet with olive oil. Set second phyllo sheet on top, and brush with oil. Cut phyllo stack into 4 long strips. Spoon 11/2 Tbs. spinach mixture on short end of each phyllo strip. Fold end of strip over filling to make a triangle. Fold pointed end up to seal triangle. Continue folding pointed ends up and over phyllo strip until you have a filled triangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining phyllo, oil, and filling.
4. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories 79
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 124 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g