This breakfast dish from the Philippines calls for day-old rice and lots of garlic.
- 4 large eggs
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 9 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped (3 Tbs.)
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 green onions, white and green parts finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1. Whisk eggs with 1 Tbs. water in small bowl.
2. Coat wok or large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs, tilting to coat bottom of pan, and cook 3 to 5 minutes (like an omelet), or until firm and set. Transfer eggs to cutting board, and cut into 2-inch strips.
3. Add oil to pan, and increase heat to medium. Stir in chopped garlic, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often. Add rice, increase heat to high, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until rice begins to brown. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir in green onions, then eggs.
- Calories: 256
- Carbohydrate Content: 32 g
- Cholesterol Content: 124 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 49 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g