Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This breakfast dish from the Philippines calls for day-old rice and lots of garlic.
1. Whisk eggs with 1 Tbs. water in small bowl.
2. Coat wok or large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add eggs, tilting to coat bottom of pan, and cook 3 to 5 minutes (like an omelet), or until firm and set. Transfer eggs to cutting board, and cut into 2-inch strips.
3. Add oil to pan, and increase heat to medium. Stir in chopped garlic, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until browned, stirring often. Add rice, increase heat to high, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until rice begins to brown. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and stir in green onions, then eggs.
- Calories 256
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 124 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 49 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g