Street food vendors all over Southeast Asia offer versions of this delicious rice noodle dish.
- 2 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 stalk celery, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 small shallots, peeled
- 8 oz. firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. sriracha sauce or other Asian hot sauce
- 3/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse noodles under cold water, then drain again. Transfer noodles to large bowl, and add cabbage, cilantro, celery, and shallots. Gently toss to mix.
2. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu, and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown on two or three sides, turning occasionally. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. Whisk together lemon juice, sugar, sriracha, salt, and garlic in small bowl. Pour sauce over noodle mixture, and toss to coat. Divide noodle mixture among serving bowls. Top with tofu cubes, and garnish with coconut flakes.
- Calories: 342
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 447 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g