Keep a jar or two of marinated artichoke hearts on hand in your cupboard and you can make this simple yet elegant salad at a moment’s notice. Artichoke hearts are chewy and fibrous, so a sharp knife is necessary for clean slices.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 8 cups baby arugula leaves
- 8 oil-packed artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry, and cut in 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted kalamata olives, optional
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan, optional
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh chives
1. To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garlic in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. To make Salad: Toss together arugula, artichoke hearts, olives (if using), and Vinaigrette. Top with tomatoes, Parmesan (if using), and chives. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 168 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g