Roasting summer tomatoes gives them a chewy texture that’s great in salads, sandwiches, and quiches.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided, plus more for greasing baking dish
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 8 small plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 tsp. salt, optional
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Brush 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish with oil.
2. Insert garlic slices inside tomato quarters, and place tomatoes cut-side up in baking dish. Sprinkle with Herbes de Provence and salt (if using); drizzle with 2 Tbs. oil. Roast 11/2 to 2 hours, or until tomatoes are browned on edges and look mostly dry.
3. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and cool. Transfer to jar, cover with lid, and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Calories: 15
- Carbohydrate Content: 0.5 g
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 0.5 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g