Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Roasting summer tomatoes gives them a chewy texture that’s great in salads, sandwiches, and quiches.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Brush 13- x 9-inch glass baking dish with oil.
2. Insert garlic slices inside tomato quarters, and place tomatoes cut-side up in baking dish. Sprinkle with Herbes de Provence and salt (if using); drizzle with 2 Tbs. oil. Roast 11/2 to 2 hours, or until tomatoes are browned on edges and look mostly dry.
3. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and cool. Transfer to jar, cover with lid, and store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
- Calories 15
- Carbohydrate Content 0.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 0.5 mg
- Sugar Content 0.5 g