30 minutes or fewer
The garlic-flavored baguette toasts that form the base for these canapés may be made 4 days ahead and kept in a sealable plastic bag at room temperature. Makes 24.
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbs. minced shallot
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 24 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 8 oz. smoked mozzarella, cut into 24 thin slices
Mix tomatoes, olives, basil, shallot, 1 Tbs. olive oil and lemon juice in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325F. Arrange baguette slices in one layer on large baking sheet. Lightly brush slices with remaining oil, and season with salt to taste. Toast slices 15 minutes, or until golden, and transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Lightly rub each bread slice with garlic. Arrange a slice of mozzarella on each toast, and top with 1 Tbs. tomato mixture.
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 300 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g