Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Much like noted taco enthusiast LeBron James, we enjoy ourselves a Taco Tuesday. Taco Wednesday through Monday aren’t bad either. And while we love to go out and support our local taqueros and taqueras who offer plant-based options, sometimes you want to whip up something at home. Maybe you even want to make something a little healthier than the usual late-night soyrizo order. When that feeling hits, this cauliflower taco recipe is just the thing. Its star ingredient, cauliflower, a cruciferous vegetable, is low in carbs, fibrous, and rich in folate and vitamins C, E and K – that means it’ll keep you full on a limited number of calories while still packing a hefty nutritional punch. Don’t skip the crema – it’s made with avocado, famously nutritious and rich in heart-healthy fats.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Smoky Cauliflower Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Preheat a greased grill or grill pan to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with one-half of oil until well coated. Add paprika, cayenne and one-half of salt; toss to coat. Rub corn with remaining one-half of oil. Grill cauliflower and corn, turning occasionally until softened and lightly charred, 12 to 16 minutes. (TIP: If your barbecue grates are widely spaced, use a grilling basket to prevent cauliflower from falling through.)
- Meanwhile, in a small blender, combine sour cream, one-half of avocado, lime juice and remaining one-half of salt; blend until smooth.
- Place tortillas on grill and cook, flipping once, until softened and lightly charred, 20 seconds per side. Wrap tortillas in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm. (NOTE: Do not overcook tortillas or you’ll end up with chips.)
- Remove corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife. Transfer cauliflower from grill to a bowl and immediately top with cheese. Cover dish to create steam and help melt cheese. Thinly slice remaining one-half of avocado. Divide cauliflower and corn among tortillas. Top each taco with avocado slices, corn kernels, avocado crema and cilantro (if using).
From Clean Eating
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 325
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 15 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 348 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g