The great thing about this classic chili recipe is that you can have all the ingredients on hand in the cupboard, fridge, and freezer and whip it up at a moment’s notice.
- 2 cups (7 oz.) Southwestern frozen vegetable blend, such as 365 Everyday
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 15-oz. cans low-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes with chipotle
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
Spray large saucepan with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add frozen vegetables and cumin, and sauté 4 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add beans, tomatoes, and 1 cup water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 25 minutes. Serve topped with grated Cheddar.
- Calories: 348
- Carbohydrate Content: 49 g
- Cholesterol Content: 20 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 23 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 375 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g