Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Most people associate goat cheese with French cuisine, but it plays a big role in Mexican cooking, too. Chipotle chiles are smoked jalapeños that can be found dried or canned in adobo sauce.
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, remove seeds from chipotle chile and finely chop. Heat 1 Tbs. oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add chile and garlic, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant. Stir in goat cheese and 1/3 cup water, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth sauce forms, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes more, then remove from heat and add cilantro and remaining 1 Tbs. olive oil.
3. Drain pasta, and return to pot. Add tomatoes, corn and cheese sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and transfer to warm serving bowl. Toss in extra goat cheese crumbles, if desired.
- Calories 527
- Carbohydrate Content 79 g
- Cholesterol Content 13 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 411 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g