Reader Recipe: Roberta Boyack, a copywriter from Miami, wowed her folks at brunch when she whipped up these satisfying egg- and tomato-stuffed potatoes. To make the recipe more kid-friendly, go easy on the smoked paprika.
- 6 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 11/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped green olives
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1 Tbs. smoked paprika, plus more for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick potatoes with fork, and bake 45 to 60 minutes on baking sheet, or until potatoes are easily pierced with knife. Cool until easy to handle.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cut thin slice off potato tops, and discard or reserve for another use. Scoop potato flesh from skins into large bowl, leaving 1/4-inch wall inside skins. Add eggs and sour cream to potato flesh, and mix well to combine. Stir in cheese, tomatoes, olives, green onions, and smoked paprika. Stuff mixture back into potato shells, and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
3. Place potatoes on baking sheet, and bake 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of a potato comes out clean.
- Calories: 396
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 219 mg
- Fat Content: 18 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 548 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g