Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Reader Recipe: Roberta Boyack, a copywriter from Miami, wowed her folks at brunch when she whipped up these satisfying egg- and tomato-stuffed potatoes. To make the recipe more kid-friendly, go easy on the smoked paprika.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prick potatoes with fork, and bake 45 to 60 minutes on baking sheet, or until potatoes are easily pierced with knife. Cool until easy to handle.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Cut thin slice off potato tops, and discard or reserve for another use. Scoop potato flesh from skins into large bowl, leaving 1/4-inch wall inside skins. Add eggs and sour cream to potato flesh, and mix well to combine. Stir in cheese, tomatoes, olives, green onions, and smoked paprika. Stuff mixture back into potato shells, and sprinkle with smoked paprika.
3. Place potatoes on baking sheet, and bake 35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of a potato comes out clean.
- Calories 396
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 219 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 548 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g