This cold entrée salad makes the most of two Asian cuisines, with Japanese noodles tossed in a Thai-style dressing.
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/3 cup natural-style crunchy salted peanut butter
- 4 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Thai red curry paste
Snow Pea Salad
- 1 3.1-oz. bundle soba noodles
- 3 oz. snow peas (about 1 cup)
- 1 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp. minced green onion
- 2 cups pea sprouts or bean sprouts
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 16 limestone or butter lettuce leaves
To make Peanut Sauce: Whisk together all ingredients in bowl.
To make Snow Pea Salad: Cook noodles according to package directions, adding snow peas 2 minutes before end of cooking time. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Toss with ½ cup Peanut Sauce, cilantro and green onion. Fold in sprouts and red pepper. Season with salt.
Divide lettuce leaves among plates, and mound noodle mixture on top. Drizzle each serving with 1 Tbs. remaining Peanut Sauce, and serve.
- Calories: 323
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Fat Content: 9.5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 525 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g