This soba salad is a great take-along lunch because the flavors of the peanut dressing develop over time.
- 6 oz. low-sodium soba noodles
- 1/2 cup Maranatha Organic No Stir Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs. agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lime zest
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, divided
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced (11/2 cups)
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot, grated (1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbs. chopped peanuts, optional
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold running water.
2. Purée peanut butter, vinegar, agave nectar, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, and ¼ cup cilantro in blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding 2 to 3 Tbs. warm water to thin, if necessary.
3. Toss together noodles, cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, and peanut butter mixture. Garnish with remaining cilantro and chopped peanuts, if using.
- Calories: 404
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 17.4 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 255 mg
- Sugar Content: 13.5 g