Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
When you find something that works, you tend to stick with it. For me, this salad of soba noodles with ginger-peanut dressing just works – and I go for it again and again. It’s simple to make – just prep the noodles, blitz up ingredients for the no-cook sauce in a food processor, and then top with some fresh crunchy veggies right out of the crisper. Even if you’re zonked after a long day, you can handle that. But then, the thing that makes this recipe even better: you can batch it up and set the rest away for lunches and dinners to come. The peanut dressing actually only gets better as it sits. So if you’re even more zonked-out tomorrow night (or, say, stay for an extra drink at happy hour) and wind up hungry in your kitchen considering picking up the phone to order delivery, you’ll have a perfect little noodle gift from the you of the past.
More Related Recipes to Try Next:
Spicy Peanut Tofu Noodle Salad
Rice Noodle Bowl with Broccoli and Bell Peppers
Snow Pea and Soba Noodle Salad with Thai Peanut Sauce
Soba Noodles with Ginger-Peanut Dressing
1. Cook noodles in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold running water.
2. Purée peanut butter, vinegar, agave nectar, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, and ¼ cup cilantro in blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding 2 to 3 Tbs. warm water to thin, if necessary.
3. Toss together noodles, cucumber, bell pepper, carrot, and peanut butter mixture. Garnish with remaining cilantro and chopped peanuts, if using.
- Calories 404
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 17.4 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 13.5 g