Soft Bean Tacos
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 16-oz. can spicy fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, reduced-fat if desired, or soy cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and warm in oven.
In large saucepan, combine water and bell pepper. Cover and cook over medium heat, 2 minutes. Add corn, green onions, jalapeño pepper and refried beans. Stir gently until mixture is heated through, about 5 minutes.
Remove tortillas from oven. Spread some of the filling on one half of each tortilla, then sprinkle with a small amount of cheese. Fold over and arrange on individual plates. Top with salsa and yogurt if desired.
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 17 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 455 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g