Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Fresh corn kernels in the batter win this bread rave reviews (and keep it moist). Add chives and freshly ground pepper, if desired, to give it an extra kick.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 9- x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl. Whisk together milk, egg and butter in separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into cornmeal mixture, then fold in corn.
3. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until sides begin to brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack before slicing and serving.
- Calories 150
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 28 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2.5 g
- Sodium Content 255 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g