Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This salad is hearty enough for a meal on its own, but you could also fill it out with fresh corn kernels, chopped avocado, and roasted pumpkin seeds, or wrap it in a tortilla with other fillings for a burrito. For the quantity of chopped cilantro called for here, don’t bother separating the sprigs. Just hold the bunch by the stems and chop the leafy part.
1. Cook sushi rice in 3 to 4 qt. water 14 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
2. Meanwhile, toss pinto beans with 1 Tbs. lime juice in large bowl. Add bell pepper and tomatoes.
3. Squeeze garlic into medium bowl with garlic press. Whisk in oil and remaining 2 1/2 Tbs. lime juice. Stir in cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add to bean mixture.
4. Drain rice, and rinse under cold water to cool. Drain again. Add rice to bean mixture. Add salsa, and toss to combine. Serve garnished with lime wedges.
- Calories 362
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 190 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g