Lunches get a big flavor kick with this colorful combination, guaranteed to dazzle family and friends. Pass the salad, and serve it with warmed flour or corn tortillas and lemonade.
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, cooked and cooled
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno chile, minced, optional
- 1 15.5-oz. can pinto beans, drained and well rinsed
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled tortilla chips, preferably lime-flavored
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. chili powder, or to taste
- 1 Tbs. sugar, or more to taste
Combine corn, avocado, tomatoes, bell pepper, jalapeño, if using, beans, eggs and tortilla chips in large salad bowl.
Stir together oil, lime juice, chili powder, sugar, salt and pepper until combined. Pour over salad mixture, and toss to combine. Serve.
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 140 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 330 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g