This appetizer can be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd. Look for flavored tortillas in large supermarkets or specialty food shops.
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican-style or sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbs. thinly sliced green onion
- 2 Tbs. chunky salsa or 1/2 Tbs. chopped, canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (10-inch) green chili or spinach-flavored flour tortillas
- 12 small cilantro strips for garnish
In small bowl, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onion, salsa, chopped cilantro and cumin; mix well. Spread evenly over tortillas. Place a layer of spinach over cheese. Roll tightly; wrap in plastic. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.
Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces; arrange cut side up on serving platter. Garnish each pinwheel with cilantro sprig. Cover and chill up to 1 hour before serving. Serve with a dollop of salsa on top.
- Calories: 36
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 50 mg