This zesty pie captures the beloved flavors of the Southwest.
- 1 12- to 14-inch pizza crust
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 6 oz. taco-seasoned soy "ground meat"
- 5 fresh tomatillos, thinly sliced
- 1 cups salsa, or more as desired
- 1 2 1/4-oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced, for garnish
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves for garnish
- 1/4 cup crumbled taco chips for garnish
Preheat oven to 450F. Prebake fresh pizza crust, if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saut8E “ground meat” for about 1 minute. Set aside.
Layer tomatillo slices on crust, and top with “ground meat.” Add salsa, olives and cheddar cheese, spreading evenly.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with avocado slices, cilantro leaves and taco chips and serve.
- Calories: 470
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Cholesterol Content: 40 mg
- Fat Content: 26 g
- Fiber Content: 9 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10 g
- Sodium Content: 940 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g