Using seasoned stewed tomatoes, frozen corn mix, and baby spinach means there’s no slicing or dicing involved here. Serve the stew over rice, or try as a filling for soft tacos.
- 6 vegetarian deli slices, such as Yves Veggie Cajun Chicken, cut into 4 strips each
- 2 14.5-oz. cans Mexican-recipe stewed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup frozen Mexican-style corn, thawed and drained
- 2 5-oz. bags baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add deli slices, and cook 2 minutes per side, or until browned. Transfer to plate, and set aside.
Add tomatoes and liquid to skillet, and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by half. Add corn and cook 2 minutes, or until heated through. Add spinach and cook 1 minute more, stirring constantly, or until spinach is just wilted. Divide tomato-spinach mixture among 6 plates, and top with reserved deli slices and shredded cheese.
- Calories: 144
- Carbohydrate Content: 21 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 851 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g