If you can’t find large, firm bok choy leaves to use as wrappers for this recipe, use smaller ones as “cups,” and serve the filling alongside. Choose a bold-flavored prepared teriyaki sauce or add sriracha or chile-garlic sauce for extra kick.
- 16 large bok choy leaves (about 12 oz.)
- 7 1/2 oz. sprouted tofu, drained and cut into small cubes (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. low-sodium teriyaki sauce
Trim stems from bok choy leaves. Finely chop stems, and toss in bowl with tofu cubes, carrots, green onions, and teriyaki sauce.
Place 1 bok choy leaf on work surface with stem end closest to you. Spoon 2 Tbs. tofu mixture in “cup” of leaf near tip end. Roll leaf around filling like a burrito, folding in sides. Secure with toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Calories: 95
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Fat Content: 3 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 477 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g