Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Gremolata, an Italian condiment made from lemon zest, parsley, and garlic, gets a sweet-and-sour makeover here with orange zest and balsamic vinegar.
1. Toss red onion and balsamic vinegar in small bowl. Let stand 10 minutes.
2. Pierce spaghetti squash in several places with sharp knife. Microwave 7 minutes on high power. Turn, and microwave 7 to 9 minutes more, or until squash gives slightly when
pressed. (Cooking times will vary according to your microwave’s wattage.) Cool 10 minutes.
3. Whisk parsley, olive oil, garlic, brown sugar, orange zest, and salt into balsamic vinegar mixture.
4. Halve squash lengthwise carefully (it will give off steam), and remove seeds. Scrape flesh with fork into large bowl. Combine with parsley mixture and chopped pistachios. Season with salt and pepper.
- Calories 212
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 12.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 488 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g