Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Finely chopped mushrooms give this healthful sauce a hearty texture.
1. Place mushrooms, bell pepper, and leek in bowl of food processor. Pulse until ingredients are coarsely chopped.
2. Heat oil in large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Add mushroom mixture and garlic, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are softened and most of liquid has evaporated. Stir in oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and wine, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until spinach has wilted.
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions. Serve spaghetti topped with sauce.
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 383 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g