This easy no-cook tomato sauce calls for parsley, but can also be made with basil or chopped fresh fennel fronds.
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs. garlic-flavored olive oil
- 1 bunch (8) green onions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 lb. tomatoes, quartered (3 large or 5 small tomatoes)
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti
1. Pulse parsley with oil in food processor until finely chopped. Add green onions, and pulse until onions are chopped. Add tomatoes, and pulse 7 to 8 times, or until chunky sauce forms. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and let stand to develop flavors while preparing pasta.
2. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain. Serve topped with fresh tomato sauce.
- Calories: 318
- Carbohydrate Content: 54 g
- Cholesterol Content: 0.5 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 99 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g