Roasting vegetables in the oven takes fewer than 20 minutes and yields hearty sandwich fillings.
- 2 yellow squash or zucchini, sliced lengthwise (1 lb.)
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced lengthwise (1 lb.)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced (6 oz.)
- 2 roasted red peppers, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. whole natural blanched almonds
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped (1 tsp.)
- 1 5.3-oz. log goat cheese, softened
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 4 multigrain rolls, split horizontally
- 4 green leaf lettuce leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread squash, eggplant, onion, and mushrooms in single layer on 2 baking sheets, and spray with cooking spray. Roast 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender.
2. Place roasted red peppers, almonds, vinegar, and garlic in bowl of food processor. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Mash goat cheese and basil in bowl.
4. Spread bottom halves of rolls with goat cheese mixture. Top each with lettuce leaf. Divide vegetables over lettuce. Spread roasted red pepper mixture on top halves of rolls, and press together to adhere.
- Calories: 438
- Carbohydrate Content: 62 g
- Cholesterol Content: 17 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.5 g
- Sodium Content: 828 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g