Spice-Marinated Cherry Tomatoes
Peeled cherry tomatoes soak in a spicy vinaigrette for an elegant starter. Peeling tomatoes goes faster than you’d think.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 2 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. sherry vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. garam masala
- 4 green onions, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
1. Bring large pot of water to a boil, and prepare large bowl of ice water.
2. Use knife to score small X on each cherry tomato. Drop tomatoes in boiling water 10 to 15 at a time, blanch 10 to 15 seconds (15 to 20 seconds for grape tomatoes), then transfer to ice water with slotted spoon to stop cooking. Drain all cooked and cooled tomatoes.
3. Whisk together oil, vinegar, and garam masala in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. 4. Remove tomato peels with fingers over vinaigrette bowl to catch dripping juices, and place peeled tomatoes in bowl. Add green onions, toss gently to coat, and let stand 30 minutes for flavors to develop. Serve with toothpicks.
- Calories 55
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 3 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g