Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Sweet potatoes and lentils get cooked in a curried broth inside packets for a lightly spicy dish. Serve with quinoa.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 4 16-inch lengths of foil on work surface. Fold foil in half from short side. Unfold. Shape corners and edges of one half into semicircular “bowl” with 1/2-inch sides. Coat insides of foil with cooking spray.
2. Combine sweet potato, bell pepper, green beans, and raisins in medium bowl. Add oil, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Whisk together broth, ginger, garlic, and curry powder in small bowl.
4. Divide sweet potato mixture among packets; top with 1/3 cup lentils. Pour 1/4 cup broth mixture over lentils, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Fold other half of foil over ingredients, and crimp edges in overlapping folds until packets are sealed. Transfer packets to baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.
5. Transfer to plates. Let each person open packet carefully—escaping air will be hot. Top with chutney, if using.
- Calories 265
- Carbohydrate Content 43 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 253 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g