Tapas-style almonds are traditionally deep-fried in oil, but this recipe gets the same crunchy results from oven roasting.
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp. hot smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 1/2 tsp. kosher or sea salt, or to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Warm oil in small saucepan over low heat. Add paprika and cumin, and stir 1 minute to blend and release flavors. Remove from heat when mixture just begins to bubble. Transfer to medium bowl, and stir in almonds.
2. Transfer almonds to parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle immediately with salt, and transfer to wire rack. Let dry at least 2 hours before serving.
- Calories: 233
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 131 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g