Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Ground spices tossed with store-bought banana chips makes a great snack. For a lower-fat option, try this recipe with bake-dried bananas, such as Bare Fruit.
1. Preheat oven to 325°F; line baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together oil, brown sugar, five-spice powder, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, salt, and chili powder in medium bowl.
3. Add banana chips and pecan halves, and toss to coat with spice mixture.
4. Spread banana chips in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and bake 10 to 15 minutes, shaking pan to toss mixture at least once during baking. Cool in pan completely before serving. Store up to 1 week in airtight container.
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 197 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g